POLICY FOR SAFE USE OF THE OLD CROSSLEYANS’ SQUASH CLUB DURING THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK
From 9th September 2020, the Old Crossleyans’ Squash Club courts and gym has re-opened for use by the members.
In line with Government requirements, the club has carried out a risk assessment and the current status can be found here.
At all times, members will be expected to follow Government, Health and Safety Executive, England Squash, Public Health England and Old Crossleyans’ Squash Club local procedures and guidelines:-
- Social distancing https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing
- Hygiene procedures https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/working-safely/cleaning.htm
- Safe squash https://www.englandsquash.com/news/england-squash-coronavirus-statement
- UK Government Guidelines – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/providers-of-grassroots-sport-and-gym-leisure-facilities
- Public Health England Advice – https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
- HSE Guidelines – https://www.hse.gov.uk/news/coronavirus.htm
To enable our members to get back on court whilst following these guidelines, the Club has drawn up a set of protocols which are available here and which will be posted on the Club noticeboard.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ AND FOLLOW THESE PROTOCOLS, THEY ARE DESIGNED TO ALLOW MEMBERS TO PLAY SAFELY AND TO KEEP OUR CLUB OPEN!
Any member found in breach of these protocols will have their future membership suspended.
The current risk assessment, protocols and guidelines will be constantly reviewed and may be subject to change as national guidelines and restrictions are updated. Any changes will be posted by email, on this website and on the Club noticeboard.
England Squash have produced a number of really useful guides to help players get back onto court safely and to reduce the risk of any further Club closures. Please take some time to click on the links below & read through their advice and suggestions on how to play on court at this time, including…
…advice & guidance on re-opening
…what to play
…general advice to keep playing in a safe environment